| Icing my knee after PT... They are tough on me.. Wall squats, lunges, monster walks, leg press!!! etc!!! All tough on me... but worth it in the end!!! I want to be back to normal! |
I had to re-adjust my prospective with Racquetball. I love the sport so much, and if you asked me to give it up you would have to beat it out of me.... but lately, I have had some change of heart, I have been trying to concentrate on other sports. So that is where the Kayak came into the picture. I have always wanted to kayak. And so I bought 2 of them. And its so relaxing and fun! Its just lots of work to store/load/unload the kayak... but once your in the water its all worth it! I also took up cycling... bought a total of 3 Giant bikes and have been riding with my girls. We love it... there are so many trails around St. Louis and rivers... I think the two go hand in hand with each other.
So, with some new hobbies the pain of not playing racquetball has been bareable. When I went in for knee surgery back in March. My husband asked me to reconsider racquetball. And he thought that it was probably taking to much out on me (ACL surgery April 2007, Shoulder surgery Dec 2009, 2nd ACL May 2011). I nearly flipped out... but made a agreement with him about racquetball. I told him I would stop playing competitive racquetball. He then asked me to defined "competitive racquetball"? I told him I wouldn't pay to play... which means enter tournaments and leagues, where I compete and I am the most competative. But, I stated if a friend calls me up and wants to play I will play! But that didn't mean I would go to loose either! LOL!
| This is me... I Love Racquetball.... And Kayaking, And Cycling~ Never thought I would love anything other than Racquetball ever! |
glad to hear your leg is doing well! How are you otherwise? Hope all is well!!!
ReplyDelete