Today is day 11 after having acl surgery... doing pretty good. Had a follow up visit with my doctor on Monday, and got to remove the bandages. It was pretty cut up... but thankful that it wasn't like the old days. I only have several puncher marks and one longer inscission. And big dark bruising on the back side of my calf. I also had a good conversation with my Dr., I had asked him why my legs were extremely sore in the back area, and the doctor when into detail about why it was tender to the touch. He said he took a long metal rod about 2 ft long and inserted into the smaller inscission on the interior side of my knee... and he bent my knee completely downward, and pushed that long rod along the back hamstring and inserted that rod about a foot and a half down the back of my leg... then they cut a small sliver of my hamstring and pulled it back thru the small hole... That's how he got the hamstring graft! So thats the reason I am sore... I reluctantly wanted to know the rest of the story!
 |
| Amazed with how my knee looks... With modern day Orthoscopic work, lucky to only have small incisions. |
 |
| My calve that is all bruised... reminds me of getting hit by a racquetball at over a hundred MPG! |
My husband went back to work after being home with me for a whole week. He was awesome, kept constant care of me around the clock. Making sure my ice machine always had plenty of ice in it and we went through over 100pds of ice, and still going thru more. Thank goodness Sam's Club sells those 20pd bags for only $2.98. But, anyways I am so thankful I have a wonderful and caring husband. And thankful that he has a job where he can still do his job from home. He was able to keep up with work from his Laptop and via his cell phone. And so he was quite busy! But, always there for me...
But after, he went back to work, my sister drove down from Iowa to take care of me... She was awesome as well. She did all my laundry, cooked and cleaned for me, and drove my kids to there sports activities and practices. We spent so much time together, and caught up on everything. Got to watch lots of TV together. She took me to my first physical therapy appt. Which was not fun at all. I found that I was delayed in what I should be able to do.. So, I was given the okay to start some weight bearing on the knee. So, I will be looking forward to getting back to walking. Crutches are such a hassle...
My sister went back to Iowa yesterday... Because my kids are out on Spring Break! So, now I am in the hands of my oldest daughter. I know this isn't the way she would like to be spending her spring break...
 |
| My kids messing around with their aunt Ocie while she was on a important call... |
 |
| My knee in the brace that I can now start bearing weight on... Ugh! its painful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment