Saturday, March 12, 2011

Updates...

~ACL Surgery~

I have been laying around the house for 4 days now....  Just had ACL surgery....  came home feeling pretty good, the doctor got me 2 nerve blocks in my legs to last several days...  And the minute they wore off I felt instant pain.

I am so happy to have had my husband at my side this whole time.  He is actually in a position at work where he can still do his job from home.  He has been so patient with me and is taking really good care of me.  I dread when he has to go back to work.  Which will be on Monday sometime in the afternoon. 

My sister from Iowa will be here on tuesday to help me out...  I am in a strait leg brace while out of my CPM machine.  The CPM bends my knees for me while I am laying down or we have it rigged up on the recliner.  So, I have spent lots of time watching TV.  Which is getting really boring.  And my back sides are getting sore. 

But, looking forward to being able to get around with out as much pain in a few weeks.  I haven't gotten to see what the doctor did to my knee.  Since my orders state I can't remove bandages till 5 days.  So, I am anxious to see what was done.

My kids have been a big help too...  So life has been okay, and I couldn't have asked for more from them.
I think we have been thru over 100pds of ice in the past 4 days to keep the icemachine going...  so there is no swelling in my knee.  Glad we bought the machine, it is a amazing way to keep the swelling and pain under control.



My kids smothering me with there love...after surgery.
 





Updates on my kids:

~Dominick and Wrestling~


Dominick went to state in Wrestling and got 1st place in the 145pd weight class.  He made new friends with the boys he wrestled.  They all did there best!



~My Olivia and her Volleyball Team~

They are finally getting there game together...  they had 2 tournaments and the most recent one was in Perryville Mo.  They didn't place but they played all solid games.  So they improved as a team tremendously.  We spent the weekend there as the team got to bond together as just girls.  They had fun going to dinner together and dancing, and playing pranks on the coaches.  The girls got a invite to play in Chicago in June.  So they are getting really excited about that.  I think they would have a great time there. 




~My Kiera got her yellow belt in karate~

I didn't get to make it to Kiera and her getting her results from her testing...  She got her yellow belt and was all excited about it.  Now she is looking forward to Sparring. 






1 comment:

  1. Journey... oh yeah!!! I'm glad to hear that your family is taking good care of you. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete